Group Financial Accountant

Birmingham, West Midlands

Permanent

Reference No: PXH/14369_1528878236

£50000 - £55000 per annum

On an exclusive basis I am sourcing a Group Financial Accountant for a listed manufacturing client in the South Birmingham area. The business has multiple manufacturing sites globally with the group function located in the UK and is a world leader in its markets consistently delivering to its institutional shareholders the returns expected.

The role will be a hybrid with 70% of the professionals activity focussed on the core duties associated with a Group Financial Accountant including strong technical accounting skills & knowledge / consolidations / reporting. The remaining 30% will be multiple ad hoc projects including strategy / M&A / ERP implementation / budgets / forecast / Risk / Business partnering.

Working as part of a close knit central group finance team comprising of the CFO, Group Financial Controller and Treasurer & Company Secretary, you will play a full and active part in ensuring world class reporting and control. In addition to possessing the necessary skills and core competencies required for the role, the CFO wants a professional who is actively seeking to be involved in the commercial decision making processes and enthusiastically contribute & deliver on a myriad of ad hoc projects. The ability and desire to take on tasks and deliver solutions with minimal direction is a pre-requisite.

This role offers an outstanding opportunity to gain invaluable exposure into the Group Finance function within a successful, growing business with enviable career progression providing the successful candidate the route to become Group Financial Controller.

*

Assist with the preparation of monthly consolidations for both actual, budget and forecast data, including processing new currency rates in the system, reconciling inter-company transactions and updating group journals;
*

Produce monthly reports for the Group, Regions and Product lines;
*

Maintenance of the group consolidation system, reporting structures and accounting manual, providing assistance to local site controllers
*

Process all transactions, maintain the general ledger and complete the monthly group reporting submission in respect of the UK holding company and other UK dormant entities, including preparation of local statutory accounts and tax packs;
*

Provide administrative support for the group cash pooling arrangements, including assisting with cash flow forecasts and covenant compliance;
*

Assist with the preparation of the group’s quarterly Interim and Annual Reports which are published externally in accordance with stock exchange rules;
*

Assist with the annual external group audit, tax compliance work and control self assessment/internal audit programme;
*

Provide central support for ad hoc reporting requests from the Group CFO and CEO.