Birmingham, West Midlands
Reference No: SR/14805
£110000 - £130000 per annum + Exec Benefits
Greenwell Gleeson has been retained to recruit for a Finance Director role for a fast growing, investor backed B2B business. Having recently secured substantial funding they are well placed to grow the business both organically and through acquisition. In order to seize the opportunities that exist and optimises both profit and cash performance the Group is creating a new position of Finance Director.
Reporting to the Group CFO, key duties:
* Quickly build credibility with the Executive team
* Develop, implement, maintain robust controls and ensure all risks are identified and managed
* Deliver timely and accurate reporting & KPI’s for local management including full statutory accounts
* Develop a best in class finance function
* Shape the suite of reports that will drive the commercial decision making process of the operational & sales team, particular emphasis around complex pricing and product offering
* Work with the Executive team to drive the strategic direction of the business
* Hold recognised accountancy qualification with experience of reporting in IFRS
* Experience of working in the lead finance role within a division of a plc or large private business
* Provide a demonstrable track record in delivering excellent control and reporting frameworks.
* Experience in delivering change projects
* Experience of M&A including successful exits
* Provide a demonstrable track record in supporting the commercial decision making process, ultimately driving profit & cash optimisation
* Experience of managing external funder relationships
* Experience of working in a contract led highly desirable.
* Demonstrates a Can do Attitude and always delivering on tasks though to a conclusion
* Intuitively able to comprehend business needs and taking appropriate decisions to drive business growth and improvement
* Hands on with an eye for detail but able to appreciate the bigger picture
* Adaptable character, strong enough to challenge whilst at the same time able to build long-term relationships with management and group