We are pleased to announce the publication of our 2022 Salary Survey undertaken in the Midlands. The remuneration of Executive and Senior level finance roles vary vastly, hence it is difficult to conv niently summarise in a table. Instead, using our expertise in this market, we feel it of greater relevance to highlight the key factors that the reader should consider when endeavoring to arrive at a market rate for any given position.
Key Factors to Influencing Executive Salaries:
- Most obvious is the role itself. (CFO, Group FD, FD, Divisional FD, Group FC).
- Location and Sector
- Size and complexity of the organisation
- Ownership structure i.e. owner managed/group/PE-VC Backed/Listed
- Organisation situation and plans, i.e. Growth/M&A/Turnaround/Exit/BAU
- Current financial performance
- Equity, EMI or LTIP participation, this can result in lower annual remuneration with view to wealth growth in the medium/long term
- Benefits Package, typically larger plc have a more compressive benefits package then SME’s. The benefits with most senior roles will come with: • Car/car allowance
- Pension and Death in Service
- Private Health Care, usual for family
- Share save scheme (PLC’s)
- Bonus Level and ability to achieve them. The minimum at the senior level will be around 15%, however 100%+ of salary is not uncommon in certain situations.
You can download the 2022 Salary Survey here