Reference No: SR/13850_1506547163
£90000 - £120000 per annum + Executive Benefits
Greenwell Gleeson is exclusively retained to attract a high calibre finance professional into a newly created role of Finance Director for an high growth, privately owned, professional services organisation.
Since its inception the firm’s founders, and current directors, have driven significant year on year growth and delivered sector leading profit margins. Whilst they remain wholly focused on driving growth they have an agreed objective in the medium term to realise the enterprise value they have created by completing a potential exit. The Finance Director will join them on this journey, which is expected in around five years, and play a lead/integral role in ensuring shareholder wealth is maximised. Given this remit the founders view attracting the right Finance Director as the most important hire the business will make.
The Big Picture:
* From day 1 build credibility with the Executive team;
* Focus on ensuring that the financial information/control framework is sufficiently robust, and remains so over multiple periods;
* Build, control, manage and improve performance of the finance function;
* Ownership and development for the provision of all management information to the Executive team and other internal stakeholders;
* Develop project tracking framework aligned to cashflow forecasting
* Work with the Executive team to drive the strategic direction. Always seeking to maximise Profit & Cash generation;
* Work the executive team to raise finance and play a leading role in all investment decisions
* Overseeing production of statutory year end accounts;
* Liaison with external advisors, including investors, lawyers and auditors.
Technical / Practical Experience:
* Hold recognised accountancy qualification;
* Experience of working in the lead finance role within a fast growing SME;
* Extensive experience raising fund through multiple sources;
* Experience of working in a projects led organisation, ideally construction/development;
* Provide a demonstrable track record in delivering process improvement;
* Provide a demonstrable track record in supporting the commercial decision making process, ultimately driving profit & cash optimisation.
* Demonstrates an entrepreneurial Can do Attitude and always delivering on tasks though to a conclusion;
* Intuitively able to comprehend business needs and taking appropriate decisions to drive business growth and improvement;
* Hands on with an eye for detail but able to appreciate the bigger picture;
* Adaptable character, strong enough to challenge whilst at the same time able to build long-term relationships with management.